The Season of Creation
During this four-week season, we experience God’s nurturing presence and acknowledge Earth as our teacher, source, and guide; and take our place within Creation rather than over and above it. We recognize, also, the crisis that Creation faces through human exploitation. As we imagine a world where beauty is destroyed, we are encouraged to live in and toward restored and renewed heavens and Earth.
We are called to be bridges, not barriers; to contemplate the tough questions, address those things that get in the way of faithful living; and to embrace the way of inclusion, love, and just living.
- Sunday 2 September: Planet Earth Sunday
- Sunday 9 September: Humanity Sunday
- Sunday 16 September: Sky Sunday
- Sunday 23 September: Mountain Sunday
- Sunday 30 September: Blessing of the Animals