The theme for this year is Living Faithfully in your World.
In 2019 we will be studying Volume A, the first of the four year cycle of the EfM program.
This is the second time that Volume A has been used since the revised EfM program was introduced and some adjustments and changes have been made in light of experience and feedback from participants.
All participants require a study Bible.
The most recent Oxford Annotated edition of the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible is recommended, but any
translation may be used as long as it includes the Apocrypha.
• Year One: A Short Introduction to the Hebrew Bible, 2nd ed. by John J. Collins.
• Year Two: Introducing the New Testament by Mark Allan Powell.
• Year Three: Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years by Diarmaid MacCulloch.
• Year Four: Four texts –
– Theology: A Very Short Introduction by David Ford.
– Mysteries of Faith by Mark McIntosh.
– The Christian Moral Life: Practices of Piety by Timothy F. Sedgwick.
– My Neighbor’s Faith: Stories of Interreligious Encounter, Growth, and Transformation
• Fighting with the Bible: Why Scripture Divides Us and How It Can Bring Us Together by Donn Morgan.
• The Dream of God: A Call to Return by Verna Dozier.
Mondays, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Anne Jolly Hall at Crafers,
PH: 8339 5728
M: 0438 544 916